Being on the nine-member board is highly rewarding and will give you a strong voice in guiding the direction of our organization. Odd-numbered region board positions are up for election in odd-numbered years, even-numbered region board positions are up for election in even-numbered years.
Board Member Requirements
Board member positions are a two-year term starting on Nov 1 in the year you are elected. Board members are expected to do the following:
- Participate in conference call meetings (one to two hours every two weeks—currently scheduled on Wednesdays at 2 p.m. CST)
- Note: Each board member incurs long distance charges however a VOIP toll-free option is available.
- Attend two formal meetings every year (one pre-conference planning session and one at the NAGW annual conference)
- Work on tasks relating to NAGW business, usually as a member of a committee
- Attend the annual NAGW Conference (no conference registration charge for Board members)
- Maintain your NAGW membership ($100 per year)
Elections are held in the summer, with results announced at the NAGW conference. If you have any questions regarding the election process, email email@example.com.
2015 Election Seats
- Midwest (1)
- Lakes (2)*
- Northeast (3)
- South (5)
- Mountain (7)
- At-Large 1
* one year term until the 2016 two year term election
2016 Election Seats
- Lakes (2)
- East (4)
- West (6)
- At-Large 2