NAGW 2013 National Conference Call for Speakers
Interested in speaking at NAGW 2013?
September 25-27, Louisville, KY
NAGW is seeking presenters who are willing to share knowledge and ideas and present on new technologies and trends.
The deadline for submitting proposals is Friday, March 15, 2013.
The focus of the NAGW National Conference is to bring together local government webmasters who share similar goals and issues. The conference is open to any web professional looking to enhance their skills.
How long are presentations?
- Regular conference sessions are 75 minutes which includes a 15-minute question-and-answer period.
- Pre-conference (hands-on) workshops, held on September 24, will be four (4) hours long with both morning and afternoon slots available.
- Speakers may be requested to repeat sessions.
What topics are you looking for in 2013?
Based on attendee evaluations and other industry data, we have decided to focus on a few core topics. While your proposed session can fall outside these core topics for 2013, priority will be given to those that fall within the following topic areas:
- How-tos/101s, for example: Social Media (non-technical); Acrobat; iAnnotate; Photoshop tips/tricks; Blogs; Video tips/YouTube
- Open source communities (git)
- Web standards/best practices/legislative trends
- Emergency management
Future of the Web
- Prospective trends, what's next?
Mobile and location-based services
- Apps (Web-based/iOS/Android development)
- Responsive design/mobile-first
- Google Transit
- Mapping applications
- Ushahidi (open-source crowdsourcing project)
What do you get in return?
- Selected session speakers will receive up to a 50% discount on general conference registration.*
- Selected pre-conference workshop speakers will receive up to a 75% discount on general conference registration.*
- All speakers will receive a NAGW speaker shirt.
Join government web professionals from around the nation and participate in the only national conference for government webmasters by government webmasters.
*Speaker discounts cannot be combined. If your are selected for both a regular session and a pre-conference workshop, a discount of up to 75% off general conference registration will be applied. Discounts are given at the sole discretion of the NAGW Board of Directors and may be revoked at any time.