Volunteer at the 2017 NAGW National Conference
Would you like to attend the national conference but are just a little short on funding? Want to look like a good steward of agency money in the eyes of your supervisor? Maybe you just want to give back to this great organization. Do you want to meet and greet a lot of new faces and reconnect with old ones? Well we've got an option for you! Volunteer at the NAGW National Conference.
Volunteers at the NAGW National Conference are expected to perform the following duties in exchange for 50% off your regular session registration fee.
- Smile, have fun, share information, meet and greet everyone! (No grumps allowed!)
- You will be scheduled for 8-9 hours of volunteer time Tuesday through Friday of the conference schedule.
- The primary responsibility during the conference is for volunteers to help at the registration desk during attendee check-in times.
- You will check-in conference registrants and distribute material packets.
- You will answer participant's questions and assist the NAGW Board and Association Management Staff with various tasks.
- You might help setup or take down AV equipment in the session rooms.
- You might start and stop a video recording of some sessions and keynotes.
- You might video interview participants on their conference experience.
- You will distribute survey cards prior to the next set of sessions and collect completed survey cards at the end of sessions.
- You will enter survey card data.
- Volunteers are also asked to help with other miscellaneous tasks as necessary.
If you are on-site and available on Monday or late Friday, you are welcome to help with set-up or tear-down in session rooms. This will not count toward the 8-9 hour time commitment expected of volunteers - but you get to mingle with the great Board! Volunteering is a good way to get a feel for the background workings of the Board and conference if you are thinking of running for a Board position in the future.
Volunteers are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis from active NAGW members once the call for volunteers is announced. The announcement usually coincides with the opening of Early Bird Registration in late winter/early spring each year. To indicate your intention to volunteer, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your name and contact information. Volunteers who are accepted will be notified before the end of Early Bird Registration and given a discount code, allowing you to apply your 50% discount code to the lowest possible registration fee.
Volunteers who are accepted will participate in brief training or orientation conference calls or communications leading up to the conference dates. Actual hands on training occurs, overseen by Board members, during your first shifts. Don't stress, the job is very important but easy enough to grasp.
Thank you very much for considering being a volunteer. You, the membership, are what make NAGW great.