Privacy and Use Policy
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information
Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, e-mail address, address, interests, and similar information.
- We do not store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card or social security numbers.
- We will never give or sell membership information to a third party.
Use by NAGW
When you create an account with NAGW you may receive occasional emails from us updating you on noteworthy developments at NAGW or in the field of local government web design. If you do not wish to hear from us, simply use the unsubscribe feature on these emails and/or contact us directly.
All conference registration and membership information provided to NAGW is secured, accessible only by certain Board members. Data transmissions over the internet are not 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information either secured or transmitted.
Although the information contained on NAGW’s website has been produced and processed from sources believed to be reliable, no warranty, expressed or implied, is made regarding the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, legality, reliability or usefulness of any information. Information provided is on an "as is" basis.
Changes that have occurred to certain information may not be incorporated into the latest version of the website. Data can quickly become out of date and electronic data may be altered subsequent to its original distribution. NAGW not shall be held liable for any error, omission, defect, delay in transmission or operation, computer virus, communication line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of or use of information contained on this site nor for the improper or incorrect use of the information contained herein.
NAGW shall not be responsible for the contents of any off-site pages referenced or linked to. Such links are provided for information only and do not constitute an endorsement of any kind.
In the event that unauthorized third parties place defamatory, offensive or illegal material on this website, the risk of injury or harm from such materials rests entirely with the user.
NAGW maintains a member directory for the purpose of helping members of our community connect with one another. If you are a current NAGW member, other current NAGW members have access to the complete directory which may include your name, organization, mailing address, phone, and email address.
Conference registrants will be included in the list of attendees that will be distributed to conference attendees. The purpose of this list is to encourage networking and individual follow up. This list is not to be used for unsolicited commercial or bulk-email purposes. The information on the list will be limited to name, title, organization, address, phone, email, city, and state. Conference registrant information will also be shared with conference sponsors and/or exhibitors for follow-up after the conference.
By using the NAGW website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not want to be bound by this agreement, please do not use the NAGW website. NAGW may change this agreement at any time. Those changes will be effective immediately upon posting of the modification(s) on the site. You agree to review this agreement from time-to-time to make sure that you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of the NAGW website indicates your acceptance of the modified agreement.
You agree to abide by the NAGW Listserv rules and conditions if you use the Listserv. You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available, content:
- that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or is harmful to minors in any way;
- that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- that violates federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws, including but not limited to, stating in any advertisement for employment a preference or requirement based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
- that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;
- that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- that negatively affects other users' ability to use the site;
- that employs misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through the website.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Absolutely no forwarding or copying, in whole or in part, of any messages or postings to others outside the list without the express, written consent of every author of a message included in the forward or copy.
- contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted;
- collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from the site
Prohibited Uses of Information
Use of the NAGW site and/or the information stored therein for commercial or business purposes of any kind, for personal gain or for political purposes, is prohibited. Prohibited activities also include, but are not limited to solicitations for commercial services, harvesting of information, cold-calling and mass-mailings.
Abuse Reporting and Privacy Inquiries
Users wishing to report abuse or to inquire about privacy concerns are invited to contact NAGW.
Limitation, Suspension or Termination of Service
By using the site, users agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless NAGW and its respective Board Members, agents and assigns from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, costs, and expenses that may arise from use of the site, and/or from user breach of these policies. NAGW reserves the right to participate in the investigation, settlement, and defense of any such action or claim. NAGW reserves the right to approve choice of counsel, and any potential settlement of such a claim.
Adopted: 3/1/09, Revised: 4/28/16